Bad Company 2: How to fix the hit detection in BC2

Rhamos Orthega

EDV-Futzi
Ich jage das volle Magazin rein, aber der Kerl stirbt nicht, warum?

-> Jeder kennt das Problem, folgenden möglichen Fix mit Youtube Video dazu habe ich gefunden. Anleitung ist leider nur in Englisch verfügbar....

=================================================
= Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Fixing the HIT DETECTION! Guide =
=================================================

Are you tired of shooting people in Bad Company 2 but they don't take any damage? So was I. One poster on Gamefaqs (spank_thru101) posted a possible solution to the problem so I decided to test it out. Upon further investigation, this was also something you could edit in previous battlefield games.

This only has a really noticable effect if you have a faster internet connection and regularily see below 100 server pings in the list.

Basically, add these two lines;

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0450000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 45

to your gamesettings.ini and settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder.
In gamesettings.ini, add them between the lines;

IntroPlayed=1
[GstPersistence]

In settings.ini, just add it to the end of the list. Save both files.

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS, change the value to your general server ping. For me, when I refresh the list, most servers are 31-45 ping. So, I change the values to .045 and 45 for 45 ping.

Say most of your servers are 73 ping, you'll want to change the values at the end of the previously stated changes to .073 and 73 respectively.

EDIT: Setting it slightly below the server ping makes the hitboxes even more accurate. Setting it much lower makes them in front of the target. Experiment with it however you want.

Apparently the battlefield series tries to compensate for an average of 100ms ping by default and so the hitboxes appear to "lag behind" the actual player model you're seeing in game. This fix changes it so that the models are where the hitboxes actually are by adjusting to your average ping instead.

The reason I had captions for serverlist ping and in-game ping value is because I tried with both options. You can see that the serverlist ping was the right one to choose for the value edit and caused the hitboxes to be entirely more accurate, while the in-game value arguably made them even worse.

Ideally you want the value you change it to the match the server ping of whatever server you're joining. That's why I said take an average if you play across multiple servers of varied pings

Guess this could be of some help to people :)

Look at this Video from BF2.

============================================

Im Prinzip müssen 2 Zeilen in die gamesettings.ini und settings.ini eingefügt werden mit den passenden Werten. Standardwert ist 100, weil BC2 von einem Ping von 100 ausgeht. Meisstens jedoch haben wir viel bessere Pingzeit auf unseren und anderen Servern mit unseren DSL Leitungen. 100%ig wirds nie sein, aber ich werde bei mir den Wert mal von 50 Einstellen was besser hinkommt wie die Standard 100.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.0500000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 50

In die settings.ini unten einfügungen und dann
in die gamesettings.ini einfügen zwischen den Zeilen:
IntroPlayed=1
[GstPersistence]

Wenn es nichts hilft oder schlechter wird, kann mann es immer noch rauslöschen. Gilt bei Punkbuster etc. PP nicht als Cheat!

no ist wichtig! vorallem wenn man denen genau eine granate vor die füße jagt, man kurz darauf stirbt und er mit 100% Hp weiter läuft kann das was nicht stimmen!

das werde ich auch mal testen. Ich krieg da immer ne Macke wenn du einem ganzes Magazin reinjagst und der bolst dich so weg als hättest garnicht geschossen....

aber so wie ich das sehe hat das doch nur n einfluss auf sich bewegene ziele oder? ich meine wenn der vor dir hockt warum soll sich dann die hitbox dem ping gemäss verschieben wenn die hitbox ja sowieso immer am selben ort ist...?

so habs mal getestet, leider verschlimmert es alles bie mir, hab auf jedem server einen 500-700 Ping, naja schade, vll gibts ja auch andere möglichkeiten.

bal, zz kann ich eh nichts machen da meine Maus sich gestern verabschiedet hat, scheiß razer, 50 euro und hält nur 6-7 Monate -.-

Naja muss wohl bis Montag warten bis es mit dem zocken weiter geht :/

Zurück
Oben